Thursday, January 6, 2011

Survived First Full Day

SO I survived my first full day here in Indonesia

I actually like the city a lot more than I thought I would.
I haven't had too much interaction with locals (major language barrier) but I am enjoying the trip.

We are staying at the CMA (Christian Missionary Alliance) Guest House here in Jakarta and I'm sharing an air-conditioned room with two other girls

We got to meet a professor at a theological school today that we are going to be spending more time with tomorrow

We had dinner at the Wycliffe organization of Indonesia and got to hear about how God is using them here

It's amazing to see how many languages there are here and how many still need to be translated.

Got my first book report handout all typed out.

Prayers please: i have a presentation in the morning on Culture and Etiquette in Indonesia and then have about 4 more to work on before the trip is over :-/ they each require a 4 page single space hand-out so i'm a little stressed out because we don't get a lot of free time..i guess that's what nights are for!

Love ya guys!

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment