Friday, March 19, 2010

HELLO!!

Hey everyone,

As most of you know I am going to be doing an internship in Germany this summer for 7 weeks.
I will be working at an Art School (check them out at http://crescendoarts.weebly.com/)-teaching a Jewelry Workshop, helping with construction, encouraging students, and getting to know my German brothers and sisters! This school is for college aged students from all over Germany, so I will be teaching kids my own age! I still don't know a whole lot of details about what exactly I will be doing on my trip, but I will try to keep you updated as soon as I know!

Right now I have some prayer requests and financial needs.

A couple of weeks ago God spoke to my heart about letting others help me pay for this trip. I have been a little overwhelmed trying to make the money myself and God reminded me that there is a community of believers who are searching for a way to contribute their part in making a difference in the world. If you feel like you are called to give toward my trip, please email me at: katelyntbr@aol.com and I will give you my address. I have been blessed by being able to go on so many different trips and I don't want to cause a burden on anyone, but if you have the means and God is calling you to give I would really appreciate the help! I have made almost $1000 from working/selling jewelry, but need a total of $2550 (airfare/homestay/food) plus money for other traveling expenses and site seeing while I am there. Feel free to email me with any questions. I am willing to do side jobs for the money as well.

As for prayer requests, there have already been a lot of things that have come up. Originally I was told that I was going to have my own room, but have now been told I will be sharing a room with 4 girls. I am a little worried about this because I have a hard time being around people 24-7 and am afraid I will get a little overwhelmed. I ask that you pray that God will use this time to encourage me with fellowship and learn dependence on Him. I also have been told that I will be teaching a 3-day Jewelry Class. I will need to advertise for this event when I get to Germany, create projects to teach, and prepare for this time. I ask that you pray that I can again trust God in this as well as for guidance on how to teach people my own age. Thirdly I ask for financial prayer. I have been struggling a lot financially with this trip because I have been too prideful to ask for money. I am now realizing that it needs to be in God's hands and not mine. I ask that you can help this conviction reach me farther and that God will provide the financial needs I have.

Please feel free to follow this blog if you are interested and pass it along! The more followers the better. I will update here in the States as much as I can before I leave and try to update frequently while in Germany. I am gone from June 7-July 26th (tentatively).

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
God Bless,
Katrina Thomas

2 comments:

  1. SO excited for you girl, I spent a summer in Germany my soph. year of college and it was a blast! Hope you have a wonderful time and I will be praying for all of the details to come into place!!
    Love,Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh soo good to hear from you janelle! we should definitely compare our trips when i get home! thanks for the prayers, i could definitely use them!

    ReplyDelete