Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another Slow Day..

So today was another "free day" where we didn't have anything scheduled. It was raining again this morning, so we couldn't really go out. I had the chance to talk with my mom on facebook for a little bit which was nice! I am starting to get a little homesick at points as there is still some tension between our group of girls here. We have naturally split into two's and some don't like that.

I created two new pieces today and put them out for display, so that was nice. Hopefully someone will like them and buy them!

I made an egg salad sandwich today which was delicious! I've been getting sick of our every day food so it was nice to have a change.

The four girls/interns went for a hike today to a hill behind where we live. We went uphill for about 20 minutes until we reached this old wooden gazebo. It overlooked the beautiful city of Kandern and we got to enjoy the view for a few minutes. I took along my film camera so there won't be photos posted of this, but it was fun to take some pictures for a little while. I trailed back by myself and stumbled upon a different part of the neighborhood. I was able to see new cute houses and a retirement center.

Earlier in the day I had the opportunity to practice my German. My German friend Insa said that my pronunciation is very good, so that was nice to hear.

I am working on a poem, so here it is!

Change reminds me of a film camera in a digital world
You expect to see immediate results yet your film is still curled
It often takes time to develop and grow
but finally you see it all lined up in a row
I am going through change as I am far away
I'm yearning to see the outcome shine this very day
I patiently wait as the film slowly rolls
While up on my head burns a heap of coals
I'm angry I can't go back and push delete
My habits, I've learned, are doomed to repeat
This camera I've taken with film of black and white
Stores the history of my past, and shines it bright
But luckily for me it is hidden away
until I develop the film, then it comes out gray
God's forgiven my past and has taught me to burn
the pictures of old, with a new page to turn
I have exchanged my old film for something more real
A digital picture with clarity and zeal
This life that I speak of is brilliant and new
The GOod Lord I can thank for a life that is True
We need to keep this old way of life
to remind us of all of our pain and our strife
To remember that change does not come fast
It comes from afar, but it sure does last
Digital is great in times of need
but we need to be careful to not lead to greed
A life that is simple brings changes so slow
but soon, in His time, these changes will grow


German gelato

No comments:

Post a Comment