Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 1

As you can probably guess it's been amazing so far

I have snuck away for a minute to update you on some things.

I was able to sleep in until 10 this morning which was great! We got to eat some fresh pastries from town and oatmeal that was delicious.

AFter that we took a walk to one of the other missionaries' houses (The Farmers) and got to spend time looking at their backyard. Here are a few pictures/words of insight I received while there.

I just got done sanding part of the outside/inside of a window frame that will be painted later. WE have a surprise for tonight that I can't wait for!


There's a hole in the rock on the side of the creek, how I wish I could hide in the stillness there. An outsider, beauty no one takes time to look at, ah but to look through at the beauty surrouding. What natural beauty this waterfall carries as water runs over the rocks covered with moss. I relate to the hole in the side of the rock, where alone I can sit and take in His beauty.


Oh meadow brook why you break//For love that's lost, my breath you take//With white and brown mixed deep within//My heart relates, my soul, my sin//For while you bring much beauty by//Such peace and sorrow within me cry//My mouth alone can speak no more//As your waters teach my heart to soar//Oh meadow brook why now you break//For my heart and soul and shame to take

This is the Art Factory that I'm living/learning from! They bought it for close to $300,000! It's incredible.


This is the window area I was working on sanding

God Bless You all!

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos! I am so excited for you. The Art Factory looks so awesome! I'm so happy you're soaking in the little blessings that God has given you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was sanding a piece of wood today too! Strange...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katrina, we are so happy to see you are loving Germany so far, love the pictures you are taking, and don't forget to take that extra time with God you have been wanting to do. Great opportunity to really stop and listen to Him!!
    Dad just got home and his last week in Vegas is next week, we are really excited he will be home more. Can't wait to here more of your trip tomorrow. We Love you Dad Marcie and ChaCha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SOOOO jealous of you right now!!!! I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a great time Katrina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so good talking to you on the phone this morning (your afternoon). We miss you and can't wait to see and hear more about your trip. Be safe and take lots of pictures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete