Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thrift Stores Galore!!

So today we had a wonderful devotional by my roommate ashley on refuge and restoration and how what is happening in this old building as far as restoration and how God uses restoration in our lives and how it could be a beautiful thing. I was reminded that I tend to focus on the areas where I need work and where my past is still shining through like the brick from the walls underneath the paint, but God gently reminded me to look at what He has done in my life and how far HE has brought me. All in all, the morning started well.

After that we dropped off a German lady that stayed with us for a few days at the train station and then headed to France to do some thrift store shopping. These two thrift stores are only open on Wednesdays and there is quite a rush. In the first one I was able to purchase a French hat as well as some trinkets to use for jewelry. At the second I purchased a few more trinkets. We also went to a mall in France before thrift shopping and got to walk around and enjoy a sandwich on fresh bread, a chocolate eclair, and a small latte. I was very excited as this was the first time I've had espresso, rather than house coffee, since I have been here.

IT has been raining this evening so I'm not sure what the rest of the day looks like, but my host Mary Beth and other roommate Audrey are having a pizza cook-off that we get to enjoy for dinner!

Hope you are all having a great day and enjoying your summers!! (PS I MISS COMMENTS ON THESE THINGS!!)


My awesome French hat!

3 comments:

  1. That hat looks great. You need to post your blog address on your facebook so others can see what a great time you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Hawt. Come visit me in Japan and be all fashionable and shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =^_^=Your hair is getting longer from the last time I saw you in person. Not only that but you just have a great sense of fashion. This is the kind of job you should go through with 100%. So don't give up on your dreams and nice outfit=*_*=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete