Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just got back from Paris!

Hey everyone, just got back from Paris
It was a great week! We got to see everything (Almost)
Musee d'Orsay
Musee Rodin
Eiffel Tower
Arc de Triumph
Louvre
Versaille
Notre Dame
Sein River
Shakespeare bookstore
Monmarte

& i'm sure i'm forgetting some

My favorites were the Eiffel Tower (bc i was surprised that it was a brown color and was beautiful and we got to eat lunch under it!) and the Arc de Triumph (we climbed it and got to see all of Paris) and the Musee Rodin (with the Thinker statue) and the Shakespeare bookstore of course! (the author of Life of Pi was speaking outside of it!)

I literally got back less than an hour ago so i'm kind of taking everything in still but i'll post a couple of pictures for you!

PS I think i'm going to Prague/Berlin in a couple weeks! YAY


The river just a few steps away from where we stayed our last night in France! It was a bed and breakfast with a 4 course French meal that was delicious!!


If you don't know-I love Shakespeare! This bookstore had tons of new and used books from all different sorts of authors and it is staffed by university students who are traveling (they get a free nights stay for working at the bookstore) this is on my list of things to do!



Beautiful bridge from the boat ride around Paris!


Montmarte~ a Catholic church...i know this picture looks fake but i promise you it wasn't edited! the sky was beautiful that day!


The infamous Eiffel Tower! :) LOVE IT!


Me eating a delicious sandwich at a French cafe!


The Thinker at Musee Rodin:
I sit and I think beside the great Thinker
Alone on a bench with another unknown
She sits and she writes as her hands get weaker
Her silence begs me to leave her alone
I wait as I look at the gardens around me
He sits in his seat, no one saying a word
Looking my way he soon whispers a short plea
Asking me never to repeat what I heard
I didn't repeat the words I heard that day
Nor e'er did look back at what I had seen
That day there was peace made, understanding I'd say
For I knew he already deemed me his queen
No crown did I need, no penny or ring
Just a man with great wisdom to speak it to me
I am grateful always for the words he did bring
The silence spoke wonders, as you too may see

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kat! That's amazing! You are experiencing the trip of a lifetime. Everything is so beautiful and this is a great season to be there during. I've been to Paris so I know what you're talking about. I love the poem at the end to. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em, i'm having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yurm yurm! Gimme some o' dem pastries!

    ReplyDelete