Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Learning Day

Today I went to a German Lutheran Service in town alone
I left halfway through the service because I didn't understand the language, but it was a great example of
a Conservative church in Kandern and the number in the congregation proves that God is present in this city.

I had some time to read and reflect with God as I had a couple of hours alone this afternoon while everyone was at
an English-German service

God was teaching me that my life is not going to be without trouble, but He will be present and He will take care of me.
I felt some peace with this and am excited for what He has planned for me, although am a bit fearful. I know that He can take care of me way beyond what I can imagine so I shall not fear.

The four interns were invited to tea at our British friend Heidi's house with another friend Alyssa. We got to enjoy English scones as well as tea and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a nice afternoon to relax and get to know our new friends a bit more. The rest of the afternoon I spent working on a poetry/photography book and made a pair of earrings.

We ate dinner as a group tonight as usual and then watched Les Miserables. I love the picture of grace and sacrifice shown throughout the film, it is such a great display, if you haven't seen it you should watch it!

Here are a couple more pictures from Paris!


Versaille


Notre Dame



Me inside the Shakespeare Bookstore :) amongst some of the greatest authors

No comments:

Post a Comment