Thursday, June 17, 2010

Art Basel

So today we went to Art Basel, this HUGE art show in Switzerland, and got to see thousands of pieces of art from hundreds of different galleries. It was quite overwhelming for me, someone who doesn't know a whole lot about art and the meaning behind it, however it was quite enjoyable. I got pretty exhausted by the end but it was pretty great. I got to stand within centimeters of art originals from Picasso and Andy Warhol, including thousands of others who I didn't know, but my fellow colleagues knew. It was great to see different art forms such as instillations and sculpture art, which I enjoy, but the paintings and drawings were all mixed together in my mind. I have included a few pictures I took with my iphone (because I was told cameras weren't allowed, but they were).

After Art Basel we went to a couples house and ate dinner with them and got to enjoy some time with them, learning how they got together and what not. The woman is a singer and her husband is an artist. They were very nice and open to us.

I got a little overwhelmed today, wishing I was married and had my life going with a family and what not, but that was only a minor setback.

Please pray for continued patience and encouragement in my work. I am not sure what my purpose here is fully, but God is definitely teaching me a lot about myself and about Himself. Please pray for continued trust in Him with this summer and with my future.

Thank you all!!





2 comments:

  1. Wow, The Art Basel, what a wonderful experience! Stinks about the camera thing. And you know what, God is working on all of us! Don't be so hard on yourself. All these things you want, marriage, your own little family etc. will come in God's time. Waiting for God's timing is hard. And hey, you still have to finish school, first things first. I guess that would be me imposing what I think the timing should be, sorry..LOL I will pray that God will open your heart and mind to hear what his plans are for you. For now, just enjoy each day and rejoice in the beauty that surounds you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring the good news, the gospel of Jesus to Germany :-) Most young people don't believe in God and don't think they could live in relationship to him. Thanks for being in Germany!

    ReplyDelete